"like" or "retumbl" if you agree that @robertliefeld should do an Eazy E pinup for Hip Hop Family Tree. (arm-chair cartoonists, save your anti-Liefeld comments and go getcha shinebox).
The offices of Metal Hurlant: photos from the early 80s
1. Writer/director Alejandro Jodorowskwy, journalist Philippe Manœuvre, writer and Hurlant co-founder Jean-Pierre Dionnet, and writer/editor/game designer Pierre Rosenthal
2. 3. Two great shots of Jean-Pierre Dionnet, looking like Crumb’s identical twin.
4. Hurlant co-founder and cartoonist, Philippe Druillet, best known for his Lone Sloane series.
5. Hugo Pratt, legendary cartoonist and creator of Corto Maltese
6. Paul Gillon, cartoonist and illustrator of the Lost in Time series, written by Jean-Claude Forest
7. Yves Chaland, creator of the popular Freddy Lombard series, prolific cartoonist, and colorist(notably coloring the initial chapters of Moebius & Jodorowsky’s The Incal)
8. Chaland’s work-in-progress artwork
9. Olivia Clavel, cartoonist and co-founder of the Bazooka Groupe
10. Pascal Guichard and(I think?) Isabelle Morin, editing an issue.
Writer and comics critic Joe McCulloch interviewed Metal Hurlant co-founder Jean-Pierre Dionnet for The Comics Journal recently. I finally got around to reading it, and it’s really good. Filled with anecdotes about everything you’d want him to speak anecdotally about. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
Gabrielle Bell coming to teach at SAW for a week, March 3-7, 2014! Here’s some links of work and interviews
Interview on The Comics Journal
Review of early work by Rob Clough
Work on WHAT THINGS DO
QUIET COLOR INTERVIEW
by Pelly & Sherm
INKSTUDS: GABRIELLE BELL
by Robin McConnell
ANTIHEROINES: GABRIELLE BELL
by Jami Attenberg
THE COMIX CLAPTRAP: GABRIELLE BELL
by Rina Ayuyang and Thien Pham
Sign up or go here for more info: sequentialartistsworkshop.org/wordpress/2013/07/dash-shaw-and-gabrielle-bell-in-winter-2014/